Research at the ENISE is totally focused on industrial issues through four research themes:
• Surface engineering
• Thermomechanical Processes
• Engineering of perception and biomechanics
• Hydromechanical behavior of geomaterials
The research conducted by the faculty members ensure an education level corresponding to the latest scientific and technological achievements in the disciplinary field of the majors offered by the School.
The 25 faculty members of ENISE, 40 Ph.D. and 17 engineers and technicians in charge of the Platform for teaching and research, assisted by three people responsible for the administration, conduct the research in two laboratories:
• Laboratory of Tribology and Systems Dynamics (LTDS), UMR CNRS (UMR 5513) common with the Ecole Centrale de Lyon,
• Laboratory of Diagnostics and Engineering of Industrial Processes (DIPI), Host Team (EA 3719) of MENSR.
They are part of a Laboratory of Excellence and two Facilities of Excellence:
• Labex Manutech-EMIS (Surface and Interface Science and Engineering),
• EquipEx Manutech-USD (Ultrafast Surface Design),
• EquipEx IVTV (Engineering of Aging of Living Tissues).
They are members of the Engineering Institute Carnot in Lyon and participate in two research federations:
• CIMReV (Design and Engineering of Materials and Live Reagents, CNRS),
• MOMAD (Mathematical Modeling and Decision Support).
At last, the research staff of ENISE maintains a close relationship with the laboratories of the University of Lyon in the field of engineering sciences.
Directeur de la Recherche
Tél. 04 77 43 84 08