In Saint-Étienne, you will benefit from an exceptional and preserved natural environment.
With 2,000 hours of sunshine (more than Nantes, Paris or Biarritz), 2,500km of signed hiking paths, a water sports centre and a cross-country ski resort less than 15 minutes from the city centre, you will easily find ways to recharge your batteries in preserved and quickly accessible natural areas.
In Saint-Étienne, you will find a choice of transport - three tramway lines, city bike stations, car sharing and buses are available, helping you reduce travelling times.
- 400,000 inhabitants in all of the Métropole
- More than 11,000 businesses: the 2nd largest network of Sme - Smi in France, after Paris and its region
- 25,000 students, including 15% from abroad
- 800 researchers
- Saint-Étienne has been a member of the UNESCO network of creative cities since 2010, along with big international cities such as Berlin, Montreal, Turin or Beijing
- The 'Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Étienne' had 230,000 visitors in 2017, including 2,500 from other countries and 10,000 professionals
- 'Sainté Accueille Ses Étudiants': 25+ free events dedicated to students over 10 days, with 4000+ participants
- Useful information and good ideas in culture/sports/leisure for 16-25 year-olds: 10,000+ members on Saintépass.fr